Monday, January 9, 2012

Where does the time go?

I'm always trying to "resurrect" my blog. Weird that I always feel I have so much to say but then I just clam up on the blog. I haven't written since 2009. Shameful.

Well in Nov 2009 I met the man that in 6 days I'm going to marry. In Jan 2010 I started taking graduate classes and life went a little crazy! My soon to be hubby also brings into my life a 9 year old stepson. In 2009 my mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. 2010 and 2011 were a whirlwind of homework, visits, adjustments and plans. I moved my mom into an assisted living in September 2011. It was one of the hardest and most emotional times in my life since my father passed away in 1991.

Simultaneously planning a wedding has been both exhilarating, frustrating, and stressful. I can't believe that it will all come to fruition in less than a week.

Cooking has been hit or miss for the past 2 years although I still have a passion for recipes and cookbooks and food blogs. I hope that 2012 will bring a less hectic and more stable phase of my life. One that involves more time spent in the kitchen.

Fingers and toes crossed.

No comments: