Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Overage and deliciousness.

Today lunch was $8 even with a coupon. I ordered a flatbread and got a salad - I guess the server at the ordering register didn't "register" flatbread as there is a salad with the same name (fiesta chicken).

The cashier didn't seem thrilled about the coupon either.

I made my first iced coffee today( thanks Deb!). It was delicious! I used vanilla soymilk instead of cream.

I also made the delicious Rocky road Candy that Jen gave me the recipe for yesterday. It makes a copious amount so I brought most of it in to share at work and it has been a big hit.

Rocky road Candy (from Jen via Mandy)
1 package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons of butter
1 package of mini marshmallows
1 can of eagle brand sweetened condensed milk ( I used the fat-free)
2 1/2 cups of roasted peanuts (salted)

Melt chocolate chips and butter together (in microwave or stovetop), remove from heat and stir in condensed milk. Add marshmallows and peanuts, stir. Spread in a 9x13 pan lined with foil and cool. Cut into squares.

YUM!

1 comment:

Jen said...

SOOO yummy! Mandy used 1/2 dark chocolate chips and 1/2 butterscotch chips (b/c I'm IN LOVE with butterscotch flavor). So freakin' good! Gotta love a Birthday Buddy at work!!

I can't wait to try different combos of chocolates and nuts when I make these over and over and then over some more! mmmmm!!!

jen